- Health Insurance
- HICA's Top Health Insurance Tips
- Health Insurance for Singles, Couples and Families
- Health Insurance for Overseas Visitors
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Switching Health Funds
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Learn More
- Other Insurance
- About Us
- Cover Selector
- Tax Saver
Cancer Cover - direct
Survival rates for many common forms of cancer have increased by more than 30% in the past two decades and more than 60% of people with cancer will survive more than 5 years after diagnosis*.
CancerCoverTM –direct from Chartis, provides you or/and your spouse with tax-free, lump sum benefit if you are diagnosed with certain gender specific cancers, such as breast & ovarian cancer for women and prostate & testicular cancer for men. Acceptance is guaranteed and no medical examination is required.
Benefits at a glance
• Lump sum cash payment in the event of diagnosed gender specific cancers
• Choose from $25,000; $35,000 or $45,000 lump sum levels of cover
• Lump sum payment can be used for any purpose – medical bills or even holiday to help you recuperate
• Premiums start at just $9.95 per month^
• Guaranteed acceptance - no lifestyle or medical questions when applying
• No medical examination required
• Available to those between the ages of 18 and 69
• Covers for you, or you and your spouse
• Fast, easy claims process
^Based on a Level 1 for You Only plan
*According to the Cancer Council of Australia, based on figures supplied by the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW), in 2010, an estimated 43,000 of us died from cancer.
Chartis is a world leading property-casualty and general insurance organisation serving more than 40 million clients in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. With a 90-year history, one of the industry's most extensive ranges of products and services, deep claims expertise and excellent financial strength, Chartis enables personal insurance clients to manage virtually any risk with confidence.
Chartis Australia Insurance Limited (Chartis) ABN 93 004 727 753 AFSL 381686, the issuer of CancerCoverTM - direct. CancerCoverTM - direct is a registered trademark of Chartis. You should read the CancerCoverTM - direct Product Disclosure Statement (‘PDS’) available from this website and consider the PDS in light of your personal circumstances, prior to making any decision to acquire the product. Health Insurance Consultants Australia (HICA) act as referrer of Chartis and may receive a referral fee if you decide to buy this product. JM 11/00116
HICA does not provide advice about whether this personal accident insurance product is suitable for your personal needs and objectives. You need to consider the appropriateness of the product in light of your objectives or needs before making a decision to acquire the product. To do this, you should read the Policy Disclosure Statement (PDS) and policy wording in the relevant CancerCoverTM - direct brochure before making any decision.